Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Working from Home

Working from home has some major perks. For example: no traffic to fight, wearing workout clothes the entire day, and not having to pack a lunch. 

Then, there is always the co-worker issue.  You know the one who talks too loud on the phone while on personal calls or the one who never seems to wake up on the right side of the bed.  Well, my current co-worker appears to be the all-american-golden girl, but the truth is that she sleeps a lot on the job. 


But truthfully, a lot of people have been asking how it has been working from home.  I have enjoyed it so far. I am working from the basement in Charles' study so it is nice to work in an area separate from the rest of the house and away from the distractions of needing to put away the dishes or make the bed.  The study happens to have florescent lighting, so it adds to the "office feel".

I am somewhat of an introvert and enjoy working on my own, so I have not missed the socializing and water-cooler talks as much as I thought I would. 

Some friends have suggested working at a coffee shop or some place outside of the home, and while that may work for them, it seems more of a pain than a benefit to set up all the electronics/notepads/documents I use on a small table and sit several hours on a not-so-comfy chair.  (not to mention the fact that I don't like coffee and water is my drink of choice, so it seems odd to go to Starbucks to order a bottle of water)

All in all, it has been a good experience so far. We will see when the frozen tundra arrives whether or not I feel trapped inside the house all day. I may be eating my words and making several trips to Starbucks for a refreshing bottle of water.

1 comment: