So Charles and I have been continuing to get the house together and we are trying to organize those areas that gathered the "what do I do with a oversized straw hat in Minot?" items.
After Charles gets home from work, we have been making dinner and watching episodes of Mad Men. There have been several people who suggested that we watch this show. I think the main reason people have made the suggestion is because they think Charles is a 1950's business man who time traveled in to the 21st century. I believe his decorating tendencies would confirm this theory. We are on the second season, and things are just starting to heat up with all the characters.
We watched the first season of Downton Abbey, which I really enjoyed and hope to watch the second season soon! I realize that most people have probably already watched both shows, but since we do not have cable, we are a little behind the times.
This past weekend, we took a little adventure to a local winery to do some taste testing and take in the views. The weather wasn't great, but it was a neat to see the rolling hills from such a quaint place. I am not a huge wine connoisseur, but they had a very tasty strawberry-rhubarb wine that I fell in love with instantly. I am going to attempt to make sangria with it this weekend.
The exciting news is that my mom and sister are going to be arriving in town tomorrow for the weekend!! They are coming to celebrate my birthday as well as help me choose a few items for the house. I will try to update you with before and afters once we get everything together.
They timed their visit perfectly with the North Dakota State Fair! I know your first impression may be that it can't possibly compare to the Texas State Fair, but with a line up of Kid Rock, Zac Brown Band, Blake Shelton and more- it should provide some good entertainment!
We are planning on walking the 5k and going to the fair this Saturday. My dad is going to be jealous because we are going to watch a live Swampmaster Alligator show, while he will have to settle with watching his daily dose of Swamp People. (Bet he wishes he was coming to Minot now!)
I hope y'all have a lovely week, and I plan to update you after this weekend.
After Charles gets home from work, we have been making dinner and watching episodes of Mad Men. There have been several people who suggested that we watch this show. I think the main reason people have made the suggestion is because they think Charles is a 1950's business man who time traveled in to the 21st century. I believe his decorating tendencies would confirm this theory. We are on the second season, and things are just starting to heat up with all the characters.
We watched the first season of Downton Abbey, which I really enjoyed and hope to watch the second season soon! I realize that most people have probably already watched both shows, but since we do not have cable, we are a little behind the times.
This past weekend, we took a little adventure to a local winery to do some taste testing and take in the views. The weather wasn't great, but it was a neat to see the rolling hills from such a quaint place. I am not a huge wine connoisseur, but they had a very tasty strawberry-rhubarb wine that I fell in love with instantly. I am going to attempt to make sangria with it this weekend.
The exciting news is that my mom and sister are going to be arriving in town tomorrow for the weekend!! They are coming to celebrate my birthday as well as help me choose a few items for the house. I will try to update you with before and afters once we get everything together.
They timed their visit perfectly with the North Dakota State Fair! I know your first impression may be that it can't possibly compare to the Texas State Fair, but with a line up of Kid Rock, Zac Brown Band, Blake Shelton and more- it should provide some good entertainment!
We are planning on walking the 5k and going to the fair this Saturday. My dad is going to be jealous because we are going to watch a live Swampmaster Alligator show, while he will have to settle with watching his daily dose of Swamp People. (Bet he wishes he was coming to Minot now!)
I hope y'all have a lovely week, and I plan to update you after this weekend.

Hmmm Sangria
ReplyDelete