Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Hobbies.

I have been trying to dabble with new hobbies since I have more free time here in ND.  It has definitely stretched my creative/home-economics abilities.  I suppose everyone has to start somewhere, so I guess this is where I start!

My new hobbies include attempting to cook (mostly healthy) dinners, garden, and crochet.  I have a great start to gardening because our garden was already wonderfully designed and planted, so it is more a hobby of attempting to keep things alive.  So far, I am batting about .60, so hopefully they are perennials and will be back next season...

As far as cooking, I baked some "french fries" a few nights ago and they ended up being ready about 30 minutes before everything else, so they became our appetizer.  My mom always talked about timing of food, and now I am beginning to realize its importance. 

Well, crocheting is a whole other issue. Last night I spent 30 minutes attempting to learn the loop and chain.  I got as far as the loop, but could never get the chain.


All in all, these hobbies are in their beginning stages, so hopefully I will be able to update you this time next year with a beautiful garden, crocheted sweater, and a five course dinner  :)

1 comment:

  1. batting .600 gets you in the hall of fame ... live long, grow well, and prosper!

    ReplyDelete