Leaves are starting to change color around these parts, so we decided to take a Fall Foliage Tour (self-guided). We came across some really pretty places. It has been interesting to experience two of the four seasons in North Dakota because I am not used to seeing drastic changes between seasons. In Dallas, it just goes from moderately hot to really hot, back down to pleasantly hot with a dip to chilly during winter.
We also experienced our first freeze. It was 26 degrees one morning last week, but warmed up to about 60 during the day. Since then, the weather has been nice. But it was an eye-opening experience that motivated me to get a quote from the fence company in order to ensure a proper place for Molly to relieve herself that does not require me to be exposed to the tundra conditions.
We also experienced our first freeze. It was 26 degrees one morning last week, but warmed up to about 60 during the day. Since then, the weather has been nice. But it was an eye-opening experience that motivated me to get a quote from the fence company in order to ensure a proper place for Molly to relieve herself that does not require me to be exposed to the tundra conditions.
Our backyard has an apple tree, and we picked our first apple! I am not sure how to approach getting the apples at the top of the tree. I am sure there is some sort of modern technology or machinery that will allow us to do so. I will be attempting some sort of apple pie or butter (family members- if I have excess supply, don't be surprised if I consider this my contribution to Thanksgiving). We are enjoying the view from our deck, obviously, the pine trees will not be changing colors, but it does make for a cozy, wintery feel.
Charles was not working this weekend, so we treated ourselves to a nice wine and tapas night (yes, we do have a wine & tapas restaurant here in Minot). I also wanted to share a picture of the local Irish Pub (taken on self-guided foliage tour) that we frequent. As you can imagine, with an Irish Pub and a wine and tapas bar, we will be entertained all winter long. Also, we came across Charlie's Country Sausage, unfortunately, it was closed when we drove by, but we will be trying it out soon to see how it compares to Kuby's sausage.



No comments:
Post a Comment